Water/methanol injection for gas engines is a proven means for effectively reducing engine inlet air temperatures and suppressing harmful detonation on forced induction and high performance naturally aspirated race engines. This allows racers to reliably increase boost and advance ignition timing without using high-octane racing fuel for power gains of up to 20%. The AEM Water/Methanol Injection Filter is an in-line filter that uses a micronic mesh screen to filter particulates as small as 40 microns. AEM’s stainless steel Water/Methanol Injection Solenoid (PN 30-3326) eliminates any chance of water/methanol flow into the inlet when the WMI system is not engaged.
Water/methanol injection for gas engines is a proven means for effectively reducing engine inlet air temperatures and suppressing harmful detonation on forced induction and high performance naturally aspirated race engines. This allows racers to reliably increase boost and advance ignition timing—without using high-octane racing fuel—for power gains of up to 20%. AEM’s Water/Methanol Injection Systems utilize the most robust hardware combined with more advanced features than any other comparably priced water/methanol system.
The on-demand progressive controller in AEM’s Boost Dependent PN30-3300 Water/Methanol Injection kit bases injection flow on manifold pressure using an on-board MAP sensor (up to 35 PSI of boost) to ensure the proper amount of water/methanol injection at all points along an engine’s power curve.
AEM’s engineers spent extensive time developing the controller’s flow control strategy for a more linear flow output delivery. This means that the flow delivery better matches an engine’s need for water/methanol injection, which further optimizes charge air cooling and detonation control.
The new controller design features large, turn-resistant knobs and larger numbering to easily set accurate start and full activation points, with covered status LED and test buttons for added splash resistance. A plug is integrated into the controller housing for mating to the redesigned wiring harness’s positive-lock connector. The Boost Dependent controller housing has a molded-in, barbed nipple to accept a boost hose and a wiring legend on the back, integrated fuse and molded mounting tabs.
AEM’s Boost Dependent Water/Methanol Injection kit’s wiring harness is terminated with a positive-lock connector on one end and has color-coded wires to ease installation. Both the power and ground wires for the pump are included in the harness which simplifies the wiring process and eliminates any chance of the pump accidentally activating from a short in the system. An additional wire is included for adding an optional on/off solenoid to stop fluid flow when the system is inactive.
AEM’s Boost Dependent, PN 30-3300 gasoline Water/Methanol Injection System’s compact 1 gallon tank includes a high tech conductive low fluid level indicator with a positive lock connector and color matched wires to the wiring harness.
- Boost Dependent controller features on-board MAP sensor with large adjustment knobs, integrated plug for harness connection, integrated fuse, covered status light and test button for enhanced splash resistance and mounting tabs
- Wiring harness is terminated with a positive-lock connector on one end with color-coded wires to ease installation, power and ground wires for the pump and additional wire for optional on/off fluid solenoid
- “Boost Safe” failsafe output included
- Internally-bypassed water/methanol injection pump does not cycle on an off and provides quiet, smooth operation. It features robust construction including integral hose fittings, EPDM seals and a Santoprene diaphragm that provides consistent and reliable fluid delivery
- Precision-machined billet-aluminum injector with integral check valve
- Three interchangeable injector nozzles to cover a wide variety of HP levels (250cc/min, 500 cc/min & 1,000cc/min)
- 1 gallon tank(10″ x 8.5″ x 4.25″) with integral conductive low-fluid sensor and positive lock connector (tank-less water/methanol gas systems available, AEM Part 30-3302 includes controller with on-board 35 PSI MAP sensor)
- 20 feet of Nylon injection tubing included
- LED dash light for system status and low fluid warning
Important Safety Notice Regarding Methanol
AEM strongly recommends that users never exceed a 50% methanol concentration when using any AEM Water Methanol system or component.
All AEM Water/Methanol injection systems and components (pump, lines, fittings, filter, flow sensor, tank, and nozzles) are 100% chemically compatible with methanol. However, for safety reasons we strongly recommend that users never use more than a 50% methanol concentration in our systems.
Methanol is a toxic and highly flammable chemical. 100% Methanol ignites easily and burns vigorously with an almost undetectable flame. Methanol can be absorbed through the skin and even small amounts can cause blindness or even death. Using this fluid at high pressures, without dilution, in an under-hood environment with nylon lines and push-to-connect fittings is very unsafe. The performance advantages of using greater than 50% methanol concentrations are small, if they exist at all. However, the safety issues are very real and far outweigh any perceived benefit of running high concentrations of methanol.
AEM Water/Methanol Injection Filter
The AEM Water/Methanol Injection Filter is an in-line filter that uses a micronic mesh screen to filter particulates as small as 40 microns. This allows a cleaner flow of water/methanol to be passed into the engine, not only protecting the internals of the engine itself, but also the working parts of the water/methanol pump, too. Run the AEM Water/Methanol Injection Filter in-line before the pump to protect both pump and engine.
WHY YOU WANT ONE
If you are using a Water/Methanol Injection System it may greatly increase pump life to use a water/methanol filter. The AEM Water/Methanol Injection Filter prevents foreign particles as small as 40 microns from clogging or damaging pumps, injection nozzles check valves or flow sensors. The AEM Water/Methanol Injection Filter uses fittings for use with 1/4″ OD nylon tubing, so it fits most Water/Methanol injection kits on the market today!
- Simple to install, takes less than a minute!
- Fits virtually every Water/Methanol system on the market.
- Polypropylene housing – rugged material that is compatible with high concentrations of methanol.
- Completely Serviceable Assembly – can be disassembled, cleaned and reused for a long service life.
- Stainless Steel mesh strainer – AEMs custom mesh strainer filters down to 40 microns – MUCH smaller than similar filters.
- Large Filtering Area assure long service life and does not significantly reduce flow.
- Micronic Mesh Screen out-performs sintered filters in both filtering and serviceability.
The valve body features include 1/8” NPT ports with included push-to-lock ¼” hose fittings for easy connection and EPDM seals that stand up to corrosion for years of reliable use. It’s an inexpensive insurance policy to protect your high performance engine regardless of the brand of water/methanol injection system you are using!
- High flow rating (3600 cc/min @ 150 psi)
- Low current draw (0.75A @ 13.5V)
- No additional relay required
- Standard 1/8”- 27 NPT inlet/outlet with included ¼” push-to-lock hose fittings for easy installation
- Fast response time
- Tested to 200 PSI
- Stainless steel enclosure and internals with EPDM seals for corrosion resistance
- Flying leads simplify connection with user desired connector