The MSD Smart Coil is a direct replacement for the popular IGN-1A coil. Here’s the difference; it produces more spark energy while consuming less power without sacrificing voltage output. This means you get hotter spark at the plug to burn the maximum amount of fuel in each cylinder while using less power from your electrical system.
It is compatible with Holley EFI and many other aftermarket electronic fuel injection systems and will run on traditional 12 volt or 16 volt electrical systems found in race applications. Unique elongated mounting holes accommodate IGN-1A mounting brackets or allow it to bolt in place of an LS coil with 72mm bolt spacing. The MSD Smart Coil will bolt right on to Holley LS cast aluminum valve covers for a super clean look. Available in red or black, there’s a set ready for your build.
MSD Ignition Coil, Smart Coil, Red, Individual
- More spark energy than any other IGN-1A smart coil on the market for maximum fuel burn during combustion sequence
- Low current draw means less demand on the electrical and charging system
- Built-in ignitor for compatibility with Holley EFI and many other aftermarket ECU’s
- Maximum operating voltage of 17 volts – for compatibility with both 12 volt and 16 volt electrical systems found in many performance/race applications
- Same wiring pinout as other IGN-1A coils for easy plugin upgrades
- Elongated mounting holes to allow direct replacement of IGN-1A coils and will bolt in place of factory LS 1/2/3/6/7 coils with 72mm bolt spacing
- Direct bolt-on to Holley cast aluminum LS valve covers with 72mm bolt spacing
- Available in red or black to match your build
|Coil Type||Smart Coil|
|Maximum Voltage||50,000 Volts|
|Peak Current||201 mJ|
|Primary Resistance||.55 Ohms|
|Warranty||Limited 1 Year Warranty|