AEM’s Plug & Play Adapter Harness (PN 30-2220) for 2016-up Yamaha YXZs works with CD Carbon 5- and 7-inch Digital Dashes and includes YXZ-specific screen layouts designed to get you out riding with virtually no installation or setup time! This harness provides a true plug & play connection from a CD Carbon Dash to the Yamaha YXZ’s factory CAN bus through the factory dashboard connector and receives all available channels from the factory CAN bus network.
A custom startup screen welcomes you when the dash lights up, and a dedicated alarm page and Check Engine warnings displayed in text alert you to any potential issues to keep you safe on the trails. Users can toggle between four main screens created specifically for the YXZ. All of the pages are loaded and ready to go, but AEM’s powerful DashDesign software lets you easily create your own custom designs.
With a full-color daylight-readable screen, four main pages, a dedicated alarm page, included templates for quick startup and more, a CD Carbon Dash is the perfect solution for YXZ owners who want to SEE EVERYTHING in the dunes and on the trail. CD Carbon Dashes are available with 5-inch and 7-inch diagonal screens (CD-5/CD-7) with or without GPS and/or data logging.
YXZ SPECIFIC SCREEN LAYOUTS
AEM engineers created specific layouts for 2016-up YXZ models that will appeal to both weekend enthusiasts and hardcore racers. These include:
- Four main screens that include a digital version of the factory gauges, a race-inspired screen, an adventurer screen with real-time compass, and a diagnostics page that displays all available channels
- Dedicated Alarm page trigger for very high coolant temps
- Race lap timing or navigation page with heading, direction time and altitude (requires GPS-enabled CD Carbon Dash or Vehicle Dynamics Module)
- Vehicle diagnostics page that displays all channels for monitoring/troubleshooting
- Graphic alarm notifications on the four main screens for high coolant temp, low fuel and low battery voltage
- Amber LED warning light triggers for high coolant temp, low fuel and low battery voltage
- Red LED warning light triggers for CEL/MIL
- White neutral safety indicator
- MIL Code Text displayed so no need for a scan tool to check for codes when the MIL lamp is illuminated
AVAILABLE CHANNELS FROM XYZ CAN BUS
- Engine Speed (RPM)
- Vehicle Speed
- Coolant temp (displayed in numerical value)
- Gear shifter position
- Neutral light
- AWD/Diff lock status
- Check Engine Light Status (displayed in text, i.e.: “Throttle Pos Sensor Short”, Crank Pos Signal Not Detected”, etc.)
- Parking brake indicator
Fuel level is not transmitted through the factory CAN bus, so AEM’s 6 Channel CAN Sensor Module (PN 30-2226 SOLD SEPARATELY) is required to convert the fuel level signal so it can be displayed. The YXZ Plug & Play Harness includes a connector for the 6 Channel CAN Sensor Module and the configuration files are pre-programmed to display this channel if it is available. In addition to providing the ability to display Fuel Level on the YXZ, this module also provides a path to expand channels on your dash by adding two additional pressure or temperature sensors.
ADD EVEN MORE CHANNELS THROUGH CAN bus CONNECTIONS
The harnesses for CD Carbon Dashes include two independent CAN bus inputs, so virtually any device with a CAN output (like an existing logger, wideband air/fuel ratio controller module, programmable ECU, etc.) can be added to your CD Carbon YXZ display. The dashes are validated to support hundreds of 3rd party devices in addition to AEMnet CAN-enabled products.