Automobiles in the 21st century have replaced the more conventional throttle cable technology for an ECM (Electronic Control Module) that translates pedal travel into electronic signals in order to provide power to the wheels. The ETC system (Electronic Throttle Control) – also known as drive-by-wire – has the unfortunate downside of delayed throttle response and subdued acceleration, creating problems in certain circumstances such as up-hill starts, quick gear changes, overtaking, etc. The Sprint Booster aims to overcome this throttle response delay for ETC-equipped vehicles, providing crisp on-tap acceleration at the driver’s disposal.
Sprint Booster might very well be the “smartest” gadget on your car.
It is a device that improves acceleration by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal provided by the ETC’s potentiometer, and providing the ECM with a new and altered signal.
The design of the Sprint Booster allows for its easy installation in all models, without the need to cut any wires (plug n’ play) or intervene in the automobile’s electronics (it does not affect other systems such as electronic injection, ABS, etc.).
Sprint Booster connects on the accelerator pedal connector. All you need to do is disconnect the OE connector from the accelerator pedal and connect Sprint Booster in between (one side connects to the pedal and one side on the OE connector).
Sprint Booster is aimed at all drivers with ECT-equipped cars, who are after a safer and more exciting automotive experience.
- At low revs, the engine responds at approximately half the time in comparison to before.
- The delay time whilst accelerating in 3rd and 4th gear and the engine in the mid-range, is almost zero.
- Big differences in the higher rev range.
- Improved response for downshifts and safer overtaking.
- Overall safety and more fun on the road!
SPRINT BOOSTER: Installation
- Set the type of your vehicle’s transmission
2. Connect the selector switch on the Sprint Booster
3. Have the car keys removed from the car and wait for 10 minutes before you install the device. During this time the vehicle is checking the electronic systems of the car through the CAN bus system.
4. Locate the harness connector on the accelerator pedal
5. Remove the harness connector from the accelerator pedal and connect Sprint Booster in between the pedal and the harness connector.
6. After you install the device on the pedal, you can attach the selector switch anywhere on the dashboard using the double sided tape.