Unboxing the AEM X-Series Wideband Controller Gauge with OBDII Connectivity
OBDII CAN-bus OUTPUT
The OBDII output simulates an auxiliary ECU signal when plugged into a vehicle’s OBD port, which requires a unique address from the other ECUs already on a vehicle’s network. AEM’s default OBDII CAN address will work with most popular vehicles and adjustments should not be necessary. However, AEM has provided OBDII address programmability through the buttons on the gauge face if a different address other than the default address is required, allowing users to program ECU #, Parameter Identification (PID), Message Identifier, and Bit Rate.
PATENTED X-DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY – It’s The Fastest
X-Series Widebands are the fastest responding wideband air/fuel ratio controllers in independent testing against 17 other wideband UEGO air/fuel controllers.* The controller’s high speed, patented, 100% digital implementation ensures no loss of signal fidelity and full transient response, making it able to identify the slightest fluctuations in AFR and output them in full value.
WHY RESPONSE TIME MATTERS
Faster response time improves wideband feedback control, and can provide a safer, more powerful and accurate tune. AEM’s Wideband Controllers with X-Digital technology reduce deadtime and can improve the performance of your vehicle through more accurate AFR tuning.
FACTORY CALIBRATION RESISTOR OR FREE-AIR CAL, IT’S YOUR CHOICE!
X-Series Wideband Gauges and the X-Series Inline Controller support the popular Bosch 4.9LSU sensor, and can utilize both the factory calibration resistor and free-air calibration methods. This allows users to take advantage of the precise factory resistor calibration when a sensor is new but then allows for free-air calibrations if the user desires when the sensor ages.** It’s the perfect marriage of simplicity and accuracy!
WHAT IS A WIDEBAND UEGO AIR/FUEL CONTROLLER?
AEM’s Wideband UEGO (Universal Exhaust Gas Oxygen, pronounced “You-Way-Go”) Controllers are powerful, cost effective tuning tools that allow users to accurately monitor the Air/Fuel Ratio (AFR) of their engine.
WHY USE A WIDEBAND AIR/FUEL CONTROLLER?
Accurate AFR data is critical when tuning an engine. Running rich (very low air/fuel ratio, excessive fuel) can cause a loss in power, while running too lean (very high air/fuel ratio, not enough fuel) may result in serious engine damage. Using a wideband air/fuel controller during the tuning process allows you to monitor AFR and adjust tuning parameters to optimize them for maximum power and efficiency. AEM has a comprehensive line of highly accurate, reliable wideband air/fuel controllers that can help ensure your vehicle is optimally tuned.
CAN I CHANGE THE AEM UEGO SENSOR’S CONNECTOR?
No. There is a laser-etched, calibrated resistor in the sensor’s connector body. This resistor is specifically created for the exact sensor that it is attached to. Modifying this will invalidate the sensor’s output.
- Patented X-Digital Technology makes it the Fastest Responding Wideband AFR Controller (Patent # 9,575,030)
- OBDII pass-through provides AFR readings through the factory ECU CAN-bus – Ideal for users with piggyback programmers or open source tuning software
- Includes Bosch 4.9LSU wideband UEGO sensor and OBDII pass-through connector
- Use the factory 02 calibration or free-air calibrate using buttons on faceplate
- Compatible with vehicle/system voltages up to 16V
- Optional outputs for 0-5V & RS232 for data logging and feedback control (requires wiring)
- Can display AFR values in hundredths of %
- 52mm gauge diameter and slim 0.825” gauge depth
- Gauge cup depth only .200” deep!
- Auto dimming feature
- User configurable display via buttons on the gauge face for changing AFR values, Lambda and O2%, 3- or 4-digit display and OBDII output settings (if necessary)
- Black bezel and black dual faced faceplate included (silver bezel/white gauge option sold separately, PN 30-0300-ACC)
- Locking connectors
Find more AEM gauges here.